Here’s what a Solution Focused Therapist does to make it work:
• Helps you discover solution building rather than problem definition language when discussing your conflicts.
• Encourages your to stretch more for each other in your day to day relations.
• Helps you to create new meanings and new ways of understanding old problems.
• Encourages you to own your agendas without hiding from each other or going underground.
• Helps you to enjoy your own unique values, opinions and attitudes in a lively, spirited, on-going debate that makes for a more exciting and passionate intimate relationship. The key here ois to celebrate rather than hide your differences.
• Focuses on solutions instead of dwelling on old problematic ways of understanding and suffering through old conflicts.
• Looks for quick, actionable solutions over the course of 3 to 4 sessions.
Call Marriage Couples Counseling in New York City at (212) 673-4618 for a more detailed description of Brief Solution Focused Therapy for Couples: A cost effective therapy for hard economic times and financial stress.